The Organic Consumers Association invites you to join other organic activists at the beautiful organic farm and eco-center of our sister organization, Via Organica, in the central highlands of Mexico.
OCA has the good fortune to be caretaking this idyllic farm and conference center. Proceeds from these tours will help fund our ongoing work.
Help build solidarity between the US & Mexican Organic Movements at Via Organica
Seven-Day Tours Include:
- Organic Farming & Green Building Workshops with OCA/Via Organica Staff & Mexican Organic Activists
- Fresh Organic Meals, Beautiful Accommodations, Thermal Swimming Pool
- Biking, Hiking, and Horse-Back Riding on Nearby Trails
- Visits to Organic Farms, Stores, Restaurants, Green Buildings, and Community Organizing Projects
- Visits to the World Heritage sites and other attractions in nearby San Miguel de Allende and Atotonilco
Situated on twenty acres of organic farmland with natural thermal springs, dotted with palm trees, fruit trees, agave, and mesquite, overlooking the beautiful Rio Laja River, just north of the world heritage Spanish colonial city of San Miguel de Allende, the Via Organica Farm was built in the early 1990s. A resort by design, Via Organica's buildings are made out of adobe and stone, with a number of the buildings featuring extra-thick, Huasteca-style palapa thatched roofs.
2009 Via Organica Seven-Day Tour Dates
- October 4-11
- November 15-22
Visit the OCA/Vía Orgánica website for more information.